Saturday, August 02, 2008

My new home... for now, anyway


I've arrived Down Range. It took about more than 36 hours (keeping mind that I don't sleep when in moving vehicles -- unless I'm driving [think about it...]).

Those of you who've been through the lovely garden spot that is the first stop in a war zone may appreciate the fact that SFC McG managed to get us out of there in 14 hours' time -- we didn't make the intermediate stop everyone has to make before winding up Down Range, even though we were told it would take an 'exception to policy letter' signed by no less than a one-star General.

No letter, but no trip to Camp B, either!

I don't know how he does it, but SFC McG works miracles. (He also seems able to sleep, anytime, anywhere, and for that, we *hate* him!)

It's now 0316 hours, and I've only have five hours of sleep tonight (on top of the very few I've had over the past four days now), but I'm wide awake. I finally managed to get signed up for wireless network access here -- $65/month -- another way to screw the Soldier/Sailor/Marine/Airman/Coastie. It's so nice to know that so many Americans 'support the troops'!

My wristwatch, which seems to give pretty accurate ambient temperature readings, reported an air temp of 117 degrees Fahrenheit yesterday upon my arrival Down Range. Sheesh.

I'll try to post more later; I'm actually hoping I can get back to sleep for a few more hours now.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf