Saturday, October 04, 2008

2


Tomorrow will mark two years since I signed the Oath of Office as an Officer in the United States Army.

What a roller coaster that accessions process was!!

If it weren't for the encouragement of MAJ S and then-MAJ W, I'd have never made it to the point of putting pen to paper on that Thursday two years ago. I also owe a debt of gratitude to CH (COL) H, I suspect, for the role he played behind the scene, but it's never been discussed, since I don't even know him!

Amazing how things work out sometimes!

Here it is, two years later, and I'm in Iraq at a time when school back home has recently started (we're on the Quarter system) and I'd have thought I'd be helping get my Seniors ready for graduation with Honors in Biology in a few months' time....

God has a weird sense of humor indeed!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf