Monday, February 23, 2009

Foreign Cultures

Fr. Tim: "Ma'am! It's good to see you! I'm not sure where SFC McG is, but as soon as he returns, we can go to lunch."

MAJ L: "I think I saw him duck into the latrine across the hall."

Fr. Tim: "Oh."

MAJ L (after an awkward pause): "Aren't you going to go in and check?"

Fr. Tim (looking a bit puzzled): "No, Ma'am."

MAJ L: "Well, *I'd* go right in, and just ask."

Fr. Tim (looking more confused): "Into the male latrine, Ma'am?"

MAJ L (witheringly): "No! Into the *female* latrine, if I wanted to know if someone were in there."

Fr. Tim: "Oh."

MAJ L: "You probably don't talk to one another in the shower, either, do you?"

Fr. Tim: "Of course not, Ma'am!"

MAJ L (looking triumphant): "I thought not. We, on the other hand, carry on lively conversations there."

Fr. Tim: "Oh."
Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf