Thursday, April 02, 2009

Brian Barber (1957 - 2002)

Today is the seventh anniversary of the death of my SCUBA diving buddy, Brian. We had 108 dives together. He was, argubly, the most spiritual person I've ever met.

With his parents, sisters, and four of his friends who have gone to a lot of AA and Al-Anon meetings, I was blessed to be with him as he died, sober.

It was an amazing spiritual experience, and one I hope I'll never forget.

He did love Elizabeth best, as we found out that day....
In paradisum deducant te Angeli:
in tuo adventu suscipiant te Martyres,
et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Jerusalem.
Chorus Angelorum te suscipiat,
et cum Lazaro quondam paupere aeternam habeas requiem.

Fidelium animae per misericordiam Dei requiescant in pace.
Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

1 comment:

dan-fourrier said...

I know this day must bring mixed feelings. Thinking about you,
-dan

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf