Saturday, April 18, 2009

"There She Is, Miss America"

I recently had the pleasure of meeting two former Miss America pageant winners, Susan Perkins (1978; left), and Susan Powell (1981; right), along with Tony Orlando (left, and below; but where's Dawn???). There were other famous performers with them, but I'm so curmudgeonly that I didn't know who they were. Some of the younger troops were all abuzz about the others, but there you have it. They were visiting troops Down Range, and because of weather complications, they wound up where I work, as SFC McG and I were waiting to go off on a mission.

I actually remember watching the Miss America Pageant my junior year in college, when Miss Ohio had won. When I mentioned this fact to Ms. Perkins, she exclaimed, "Finally! Someone who remembers me!"

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf