Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thanks, and a reminder


I have been deeply moved by the generosity of so many people who have sent cards and letters and boxes of goodies throughout this deployment.

Since I'm about a month out from redeploying (from this assignment) it's probably best not to attempt to mail me anything else, lest it experience a delay in getting here, only to find that I've gone elsewhere in the meantime.

Gosh. I just realized that I'm a month out from the end of this assignment, but I'm exactly two months out from having to report in for the train-up prior to my next deployment.

Wow.

Not a lot of dwell time, eh?

But that's nothing compared to a friend of mine over here who was telling me just two days ago that he has spent all of 13 months with his wife and children -- since 2003 -- because of constant deployments, and the months-long train-up at places like NTC (Fort Irwin) in California prior to shipping out each time.

What's wrong with *that* picture???

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

1 comment:

admajoremdeigloriam said...

You sound like you are following closely to the footsteps of Fr T! He was here in Iraq for 12 or 15 months, and rather than redeploying just switched over to Afghanistan for another tour!

It is really a blessing to have dedicated priests here in Theatre though, I work with chaplains day in and day out, but it really means a lot to me to be able to go to Mass and participate in the Sacraments as often as I can. I went to Mass daily before I joined the Army, and that's been the hardest sacrifice for me to not have even the comfort of a Tabernacle to seek out when the going gets rough. I really appreciate all the priests who are here with us, especially since you are not only a Chaplain for your unit, but also a pastor to all of the Catholics in your AO, My chaplain and I stay busy, but not nearly as busy as you must!

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf