Sunday, September 27, 2009

No rest for the wicked


As I might have mentioned in the recent past, sleeping in a room with about 19 other guys in close proximity is not my idea of an environment conducive of sleep -- at least for me.

Like his predecessor before him, SPC C can sleep anywhere, anytime. Unlike MSG McG, however, SPC C snores a lot more, a lot more often, and a lot louder. Coupled with all the other snorers in the room, that's a lot of snoring.

Having lived essentially on my own for the past thirty years -- or at least in a room of my own, with its attendant privacy and quiet -- I have generally struggled to get restful sleep for the past five weeks of being here at Summer Camp - North. (There was actually one night down at Summer Camp - The Haunting when I had a room to myself, and was able to sleep reasonably well.)

So this weekend when I've been at my sister and brother-in-law's newly-purchased -- and blessedly empty -- house, I've had a firm mattress and box spring to sleep on, and no one (other than the ghosts of the recently-departed owner and his wife) else to snore, rattle around, or otherwise disturb my sleep.

It's been like manna from heaven!

Thanks, M & S!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

1 comment:

seg said...

We were glad to have you and happy you enjoyed the peace and quiet!

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf