Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Once upon a time.... addendum


So the antics which led to the beginnings of this story seem to be going on again, though not as blatantly, I suppose.

At least two of the Chaplains I spoke with when I was at Summer Camp - South a couple of months ago mentioned that there was again no time built into the training schedule for trainees to get to church services on the weekends. That was a big disappointment for me to hear!

I hoped it would be different here at Summer Camp - North, but alas! it is not.

The first weekend I was here I celebrated two Sunday Masses (one Saturday evening, and one Sunday afternoon). We had a total of 100 personnel who signed the roster (they keep track -- who knew?) for both of those liturgies.

This past weekend, because it's been so hard for people to get to church services of any kind, due to the training schedule, I celebrated four Sunday liturgies (in the Army, every day is Sunday).

A grand total of 24 people were able to worship with me, even though we had twice as many options for Mass. I'm told other worship services have seen a decline in attendance as well.

So much for what happened at Summer Camp - South a couple of years ago!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf