Saturday, October 03, 2009

The times they are a changing....


It's been a bit tough for a lot of my buddies to adjust to the time change, and since most of us are from California, the time difference between there and here makes contacting loved ones at a time convenient for both parties, difficult at best.

Living in the barracks with 30-some others, all of whom seem to have slightly different schedules doesn't help, either.

Unlike Summer Camp - North, where I was in a barracks with my Chaplain Assistant and other Officers and Enlisted personnel, here at Summer Camp - Über Alles, I'm in a barracks with just other Officers. Thirty-some of them.

The snoring is cacophonous. Alarms go off at all hours of the dead-of-night. We have a mouse infestation (we've 'caught' five of them so far -- I could make a very rude and culturally insensitive pun about all this, but I'll hold that for another time, and definitely not for publication....).

Did I mention that the latrines/showers are a block away?

The times, they are a changin'.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf