Friday, December 18, 2009

While strolling through the park one day


SPC C and I were outside the gate recently, and we happened upon a sight I'd heard of, but hadn't seen before.

It was dedicated the same day our Transfer of Authority took place, I believe.

The statue itself is over eight feet tall.

The people here -- the ethnic Albanians, anyway -- just LOVE Americans, and really love him.

In fact, most of the locals here are so enamored of the U.S., that SPC C and I have driven through some small villages over here where there were more American flags flying than there would be in a comparable neighborhood in many American cities.

Odd, that.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to know that we have made some friends, somewhere. Thanks for the report on that attitude where you are!

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf