Monday, January 11, 2010

More rainbows



I had heard that it rained a lot here in Kosovo in the winter months, and quite frankly was not wildly enthusiastic to hear that news. Nor that the snow can get to be fathoms-deep.

This winter has been remarkably mild so far, to hear the locals tell it. I'm told that Western Europe has been buffeted by one snow storm after another (rather like parts of the U.S., I guess). But here we've had no snow that's lasted more than a week, and no accumulation of more than a foot.

I've been glad of that!

We've had a lot of rain, though. I really do not like cold, wet feet!

So I'm especially grateful that my parents snagged me some Gore-Tex socks which have aided and abetted my plan to keep my feet dry during all the precipitation.


One benefit of the rain here has been all the rainbows I've seen. I can't remember living in a place this cold that has had as many rainbows. I don't remember a single one from Iraq, though it may just be my incipient senile dementia that's preventing me from remembering those data....

In any event, one day last week we had two (count 'em!) rainbows -- one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. I didn't have my camera with me in the morning, but did manage to shoot the tail end of the afternoon light show from two different spots.

There is something about that visual phenomenon that really lifts my spirits.


Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf