Thursday, February 25, 2010

Valley View


SPC C and I recently traveled to a post we've visited on a number of occasions, and while there, we rode along with some of our buddies who went out on a patrol. At one point we wound up at a location that had some rather lovely views across a wide river valley.

We saw a very imposing ridge at one point, with incredibly sheer cliff-like walls dropping down into that valley. As I scanned that terrain feature, I was disappointed to see something which, unfortunately, wasn't a surprise.

See if you can spot it in the photo above -- without scanning down the page to the close-up views.


In the meantime, here's a photo of SPC C with the valley in the background.  The bridge in the photo is actually very famous.


Earlier, I'd gotten to know a couple of the medics who were at the post we were visiting.  They gave me the opportunity to practice my Italian, too.

Below are the close-ups I promised you earlier.













Did you notice all the trash that has been dumped over the edge of that ridge?  Quite a view.  It's a sad (and decidedly unlovely) reality in this part of the world.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf