Thursday, February 11, 2010

Weather, or not


This week, as I was getting ready to teach my biology class, I needed to go to the PX to get some stuff we were going to use during the lab portion of the night's curriculum. It had been a really cold and drizzly day, alternating snow and rain -- just the sort of wintry weather I could do without.

What was really weird was that, as I walked to the store, it was both raining AND snowing at the same time. Huge flakes of snow plopped down heavily as tiny drops of rain stung the skin on contact.

I've lived in numerous places characterized by rather robust winter weather, but don't remember anything quite like it.

Now, before you go and accuse me of hallucinating, just know that even at lunch the next day the Battalion Commander mentioned how odd the experience had been.

And please keep in mind that it's just my opinion that we had both snow and rain at the same time; the official Army Chaplaincy position may well be very different -- and would certainly be authoritative. But you'll have to ask them.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

1 comment:

Mary Coady said...

Do pass along the contact info for the appropriate *official* Army Chaplaincy personnel, so that we can query them about such issues.

You wouldn't want us to be laboring under unofficial assumptions, and I'm sure same Army Chaplaincy officials who took umbrance at your use of the chaplaincy shield would feel the same way and readily address our concerns.

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf