Thursday, March 18, 2010

For the birds


One night as I was on my way somewhere or other, in the snow, I noticed delicate bird footprints ahead of me. As it was dark, I wasn't sure I could photograph them adequately with my small camera, but I attempted to get a shot anyway.


It didn't turn out well, so I decided not to try to capture the rather large gaggle of bird footprints nearby.

There must have been a lot of birds in that spot at one time.

I realized later, as I walked past that spot during the day, that the occupant of the SEA Hut nearest that place was throwing bird seed out there for them.


I'm not particularly fond of ordinary, garden-variety pigeons, but when they're in flight, and that moment is preserved photographically, they're actually quite lovely in form.


Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf