Friday, April 23, 2010

Compatriots


Last month we had a ceremony during which eight of my Soldiers became U.S. citizens.


It was great to be able to participate in the event, and see my friends accomplish something each had dreamed of for a long time. It's been a pleasure to get to know these courageous young men.


The stories of how they arrived at this day are as varied as each individual, and would probably annoy a number of the media blowhards who rail against immigrants.

It's my humble opinion that these young men have earned -- and deserve -- their citizenship. I, for one, am very grateful to them for their service, and proud to call them compatriots.



Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf