Monday, May 17, 2010

A chill wind


For the last ten days my unit was here in Kosovo, for the most part, we had great weather. The days were warm and sunny, and the nights cool and calm. It reminded me of the best of California weather, actually.

Once my people left, it began to get pretty hot here (relatively speaking, of course, since I've been to Iraq...), which was all the more noticeable after I discovered the vehicle I've been using doesn't have a functional air conditioner. (Again, I've been in Iraq in a vehicle with no air conditioning when it was well over 100 degrees well after nightfall, so this is relative annoyance here!)

That being said, last night it was barely over 40 degrees Fahrenheit (according to the thermometer), and pouring down rain as I left karaoke night and hoofed it back to my hooch.

Three days ago it was 80 degrees; last night with the wind chill, it was in the 30s.

What's up with *that*?

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf