Saturday, May 29, 2010

Waffle House


My new Battalion hosts a Sunday morning Waffle House in one of the aircraft hangars each weekend.


I'd heard about it ever since arriving here in Kosovo, but seeing as I also heard that it's such a treat it's always crowded, and the wait can be a long time, I'd not ever participated until after my Mustangs left. With them gone, the lines for breakfast are nothing like they used to be.


So I decided I'd show up early on the morning of my first Sunday in the Aviation Battalion, just to be sure to get a waffle (or two) in time to be able to celebrate Mass on time.



The First Sergeant for the Lift Company (they're the ones who fly all of the non-MEDEVAC flights) makes all the waffles. Aviation crewmembers set up the tables and chairs, serve the waffles, and then do the cleanup afterward.


Patrons donate whatever they feel is appropriate for these delicious waffles, and whatever's left over from covering their expenses goes to buying school supplies for the local students to whom members of the Battalion teach English.

With six different flavors of waffle batter, plus eight different toppings (not to mention the different syrups, jams, jellies, and honey), Sunday morning Waffle House is a great way to begin the day.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf