Sunday, June 06, 2010

Crew chief


I went on an early-evening flight with several of my new Aviation buddies recently, and the senior Crew Chief on the flight asked me if I wanted to sit in his seat during the mission.



He sat in the passenger seat where I often sat when then-SFC McG and I were flying around the Multinational Division - Baghadad battlespace during our time in Iraq, though he had the door open beside him.



We flew with the window open where I sat, and though I was securely belted in, I must admit I found myself hanging on to the handhold above the window. A lot. Especially when we were turning the aircraft in such a way that I was looking forward, but directly at the ground.

It was a blast!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf