Monday, June 28, 2010

Shadows in flight


The other day we were out flying with the doors open so it was easy to take photographs of the landscapes below.

When I was in Iraq I loved being able to see the shadow of the aircraft below us as we flew along, though sometimes it was difficult to make out given the mostly monochromatic nature of the terrain beneath us.

Occasionally, as we fly along through narrow valleys, if the sun is at just the right angle beside us, it's easy to see our shadow on the carpet of treetops rising up the hillside beside us.

This happened that afternoon. I even managed to get a semi-decent shot of one of those shadows. (Given my tremor, and the motion of the aircraft, this is no mean achievement, unfortunately!)


I'm not sure why it delights me so much, but the "why" is not really all that important, is it?

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf