Monday, July 19, 2010

Alone again....


My Aviators all left for the States recently.

Talk about déjà vu all over again!

For the second time in ten weeks I found myself watching everyone else in the unit I've been supporting leave -- without me.

Now, it's true that I've only been with Task Force Aviation for a relatively short time, but I've spent most of my waking moments with them during that time. So I've gotten to know a lot of them, and some of them, pretty well.

I'm very happy for them that they'll soon be home with loved ones and friends! I was just hoping to be able to be there while they experienced the flood of emotions which comes with going home after being away, in foreign countries, for so long.

But it was not to be.

So I'm back to feeling the grief which attends any and all loss. At least it's not completely unexpected -- I was told a couple of days prior to their departure that I'd be going with another group, very few of whom I know as well as I do the guys and gals in TF AVN.

Oh well. I'm sure in some (probably parallel) universe this all makes sense. I was unable to be with my Mustangs as they went through the demobilization process, too. Being here while they were there was a great sadness for me then, as this is now.

But this too shall pass!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf