Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Feast of St. Ignatius


Two years ago today, then-SFC McG and I left Summer Camp - South by van on our way to Iraq. We were up at zero-dark-thirty in order to be ready for our pick-up (which was late), and then had an eight-hour ride to the airport, an eight-hour stay at the airport, an eight-hour plane ride followed by a several-hour layover, and another four-hour plane ride before we got to Kuwait.

Fortunately for all concerned, then-SFC McG was a miracle-worker, and we left Kuwait for Iraq only 14 hours after we'd arrived -- avoiding the stay at the much-dreaded Camp Buehring altogether. Hooray!

Today I have a small get-together with friends from high school and college at my parents' place, as they get ready to move south to be nearer my brother-in-law and sister.

When I look back over the past thirty-one 31sts of July, it's pretty amazing to reflect upon the many and varied places I've been in the U.S. and outside the country as I've observed the feast of the founder of the Society of Jesus.

I sure am glad to be back in the States this year!

Blessings and peace to one and all,

Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf