Friday, July 16, 2010

Typical sights in Kosovo


Most of the populace near where we live here just LOVE the United States of America. Many of the locals whom I've met have expressed a desire to move to the States, or at least to have their children move there.


I'm not sure I've seen more representations of the Statue of Liberty anywhere in the US than I've seen in these parts!


Another thing that's really common here is to have buildings, and especially houses it seems, painted with rather bright and surprising colors.


Some houses are very old and dilapidated, while others are clearly much better maintained. They can often be right next to each other.


A decade after the most recent war's end, one can still see buildings which were damaged in the war, and haven't been repaired or razed.

Who knew?

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics!

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf