Monday, August 02, 2010

ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง


ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง

Like music to my ears, Khao Niao Ma Muang is one of my favorite phrases in Thai.

This is because it's one of my favorite food groups (Sticky Rice with Mango), and something I've been craving for the past two years. For reasons I don't now remember, I didn't get to a Thai restaurant while I was home on leave during my Iraq experience, nor afterward.

So no ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง for Tim during that time!

However, one of the first things I did upon my arrival home was to take myself out to a Thai restaurant for lunch, and order some ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง for dessert. Heaven!

Truth be told, the mango wasn't as spectacular as some I'd had in Thailand over the past ten years, but that didn't much matter. The combination of sticky rice, coconut milk, and mango was enough to delight my palate anyway.

So much so, in fact, that I had ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง twice more over the next five days.

Yum!

I'm glad to be home!!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

1 comment:

BW said...

Glad to have you back home - your post has inspired me to learn how to make sticky rice like the Hawaiians I was deployed with in OIF. Blessings, Father Tim!

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf