Monday, January 28, 2013

A waking nightmare


The Colonel's cat, Buddy, tends to be very sweet and interactive, and I'm very aware that I will miss him when I mobilize and deploy.

He's a very beautiful animal, and while it's taken some getting used to, having him sleep on my bed, I've grown fond of him demanding to be snuggled with before we both drift off into never-never land.  He he is in quiet repose on my bed, atop his "blankey".  (It's actually a terry cloth bath robe which used to belong to the Colonel, but now belongs to his cat.)

What could be sweeter?





How's this for a nightmare upon waking??




I *woke up* to this!!

AARRGGHH!!!

This was on MY BED!!  He did this while I was SLEEPING!

I got rid of the carcass and feathers, and I dumped that red thing into the washing machine, dialed in the hottest water possible, and added way too much ammonia, I suppose.

I then washed all the sheets and pillow cases and bedspread, even though I'd just done that days before.

Wow.

Maybe I won't miss the cat that much, after all.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf