Thursday, January 24, 2013

MIchael and Gail


My first cousin Mike was a spook with the Air Force during the Vietnam conflict.  Years after the withdrawal of U.S. forces from that theater of operations, Mike's courageous and honorable service occasioned consequences that have been difficult and painful.

As if that weren't bad enough, his health has deteriorated significantly over the past couple of years.

I left the retreat briefly yesterday to drive down the coast to visit him and his lovely wife Gail. I'd hoped to do that in November, but wound up getting the upper respiratory crud which has been epidemic around the country, so I didn't go anywhere, much to my chagrin.

Shortly after I was supposed to have been down there visiting the two of them, Michael suffered another cerebrovascular accident, which this time has seriously impaired his mobility.  Consequently, the stress in his life, and in Gail's, seems to have increased exponentially.

If you're a person who prays, please do me the favor of praying for Gail and Mike, OK?

(As Mike is not much for praying, himself, I fell somewhat deliciously subversive in this request.)

Thanks,

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf