Saturday, March 14, 2009

Laundry

Where SFC McG and I live, the people running the laundry drop-off are enthusiastic and pleasant. I bring Holy Communion on Sundays (when I can; if I'm away, I bring it to them on Monday, or whenever I get back) to the Catholics who work there. A couple of them have been here in Iraq going on five years -- without having gone anywhere on leave during that time.

My hat's off to them.

So's my hair, but that's something entirely other....

Anyway, we've got it pretty good here, in terms of laundry. At times, if I get my laundry bag(s) to them early one morning, I can have my folded clean clothes back by the next afternoon. Otherwise, it's a two-day turnaround.

Not bad!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf