Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dorothea


My friend Dorothea, the poet whom I mentioned in a blog shortly after I arrived here Down Range, is in hospice care at the moment. I spoke briefly with her last night by phone.

She's very ill, and in a lot of pain. Her husband Mike told me she's expected to last a "few more days."

Being far away, with no possibility of seeing her again before she dies, rips at my heart.

This distance between myself and those I love is a much greater burden and much more painful than the very real anxiety over the danger involved in the traveling SFC McG and I are doing of late -- seeing as we're spending much more time on the road than in the air these days.

But what I'm experiencing is nothing compared to the what the (now many) Soldiers I've spoken with who have spent more time away from their wives/husbands, children, parents, and friends in the last seven years than with them, have had to endure.

Please keep Dorothea and Mike in your prayers, if you'd be so kind.

Please pray, too, for my sisters and brothers in uniform who have been so far away from their loved ones, for so long, for so often.

Easter blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf