Monday, May 04, 2009

Logistics, for now

Since I'll be getting two weeks off between this tour and the train-up for my next deployment, I've begun packing for the trip home.

To that end, if you're thinking about sending things, you might want to send be sure to get them to the post office prior to 21MAY09 (let's say), just to be sure I receive your largesse before I leave for home.

I suspect the Guard Soldiers I'll be with in Kosovo will want/need goodies from home (as well as, perhaps, the other U.N. peacekeepers there), so if you had had your heart set on sending something, but just never got around to it, there's still a chance. It'll just need to wait a bit.

If nothing else, it looks as though I'll get two months of "Summer Camp" in the Midwest (familiar to any of my friends from the "All For One" Battalion), instead of just the single month of hell down South last summer prior to coming Down Range (though I do have to return there before I can get home...).
'O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.
(Lewis Carroll, "Jabberwocky")
(It might be nice to get sweet surprises in the mail while we're at Summer Camp this summer, especially as I'll be the Chaplain to a whole Battalion, and not just to my Chaplain Assistant!)

Easter blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf