Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back in the saddle


Today I get to preside at Mass with a community of folks whom I've missed a lot, and for whom changing around the schedule of Presiders is a rather large, complex, and thoroughly distateful affair. Given that the schedule is etched in stone months and months in advance, I'm delighted and humbled that they've gone to the trouble of accommodating me on short notice.

I've been very appreciative of all the support I've received from the parishioners of St. Tom's and especially of the 8:45 crowd.

It's been odd being back home in the States so far. Everything feels not-unfamiliar, and it seems almost surreal that I spent eleven months in a war zone, wearing nothing but military attire (we weren't allowed to wear civvies even to the latrines at night, though many did under cover of darkness) for six months at a time.

But things also seem different, at one and the same time.

I suspect it's because *I'm* different in ways that may well only become evident with the passage of time and a lot of prayer and meditation and service.

It's great to be home.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf