Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's happened again


No matter where in the world I've wound up over the past 30 years, I've always managed somehow to encounter women and men who go to a lot of AA and Al-Anon meetings. It's uncanny, and it's happened again.

Just yesterday, as I was minding my own business (a real triumph, as some of you know), there I was all of a sudden in the presence of a retired Army NCO who goes to a lot of those meetings. He had with him a young NCO who'd gotten herself into quite a pickle because of her drinking, and as fate would have it, went to her very first AA meeting ever yesterday.

I've run into these people in Costa Rica and Rome and Chiang Mai, Thailand. They've shared their experience, strength, and hope with me in Canada and England and Spain and Italy.

I can't seem to get away from them.

What's up with *that*?

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf