Tuesday, October 27, 2009

PT


It was 37 degrees Fahrenheit last week when we were doing PT at the crack of dawn here at Fort Schoolhouse. Having been deployed to Iraq all last year, and responsible for doing PT on my own, I found it a case of déjà vu all over again to be back at that field doing PT so early in the morning.

However, a couple of years ago, when last I was there doing that, it was a *lot* warmer, and there was much more ambient light. The new moon a couple of weeks ago meant that it was still very dark by the end of the PT session.

At least the first day.

On the second day, a buddy of mine (a long-timer in the Army before becoming a Chaplain, and one who's done a lot of secret-squirrel things during that time) and I showed up, made sure everybody saw us, and then we took off back to the hotel.

Did I mention that the hotel had a really nice (if small) work-out room, with a great ambient temperature? And TV?

It almost didn't feel like working out.

Almost.

And from the number of my classmates I saw in the workout room or running outside near the hotel, Chaplain J and I were not alone in playing hooky.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf