Friday, April 09, 2010

Bright Monday



A number of Soldiers asked me if I could figure out a way for them to get to the Church of the Black Madonna on the day after Easter. Fortunately, we were able to work it out so that seventeen of us had permission (and wheels!) to leave Post and travel there.


We arrived just as their 11 a.m. Mass in the Croatian language was beginning, so many of us stood in the back of the church as the locals celebrated Bright Monday.


I didn't understand a word of it, except for the occasional 'alleluia'.


Spring has really sprung, and the wildflowers on the hillside next to the church were blooming their little hearts out.


As I've mentioned countless times before on this blog, the sight of wildflowers blooming outside gladdens my heart and lifts my spirits.



Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf