Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Feast of St. Joseph the Worker


SSG L and I went to a town now far from here, to the Church of St. Joseph, to celebrate the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker on 01 MAY. We'd thought for a time we'd not be able to go, because my Battalion had scheduled a cookout for that morning, but for some reason, the "good idea fairy" lost out, and we didn't have Battalion-level 'organized joy'.



That left me free to get off Post.



It's still a bit odd doing such travels without SPC C, but since he's officially off-mission now, I have to rent a Chaplain Assistant if I go outside the gate.



SSG L hadn't been to that church yet, so he was pretty jazzed about the opportunity.



Now that I think of it, SSG L has had a couple of "firsts" just in the last two trips he and I have taken: his first rides on a Blackhawk helicopter, and his first trip up to the town we visited (and to Jozefi's Restaurant, about which I've written before).





It was a beautiful, sunny late morning. The church was packed with people, and I understood very little of what my fellow priests were saying as we prayed the liturgy. The choir director insisted that I sing something a cappella during Communion, and I suspect not many of those present understood the words I was singing. Turn-about is fair play, I guess.

After Mass, we ate lunch in the rectory and then went to Jozefi's Restaurant for coffee.

Wonderful.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf