Sunday, July 11, 2010

Off they go, into the wild blue yonder....


On a beautiful, sunny morning recently, our aircraft left Post for the last time, signalling then end of our KFOR-12 aviation mission using equipment which arrived here last October. About an hour before liftoff, I moved from one aircraft to the next, bidding my friends good-bye, dropping off bags of 'treats' for their trip, and praying for their safe and swift return home.



It would have been great to fly up the Adriatic coast with them, but alas! that was not to be.



Along with a number of other Soldiers, I watched their departure from atop the air traffic control tower.



In a gesture of farewell, my buddies flew over the Post flagpole (aircraft are usually not permitted to do so here) on their way to their destination.

Now to finish my handover to my replacements, and I'll be able to get out of here, too!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf