Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mom: Update 02


Many thanks to all of you for your prayers and support! I spoke with Mom today after she'd gotten home from the hospital, and she sounded tired, and in a bit of pain, but otherwise great. Amazing what medical science can do these days! I'm still not exactly clear about what was done to her back, but I think it involved a disc job.

And, to be honest, I was just giving my bro-in-law a hard time about calling the surgeon, "the paleontologist." Mom and Dad had actually been using that terminology after the surgeon had tried, gently, to indicate the need for Mom to stay overnight in the hospital. Others (read: younger patients) didn't have to do that, so Mom decided the doc figured she was just a fossil....

In any event, she's doing great. Thanks be to God!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf