Thursday, April 23, 2009

Becoming John Malkovich

I'm not sure what's up, but quite a number of times since I arrived Down Range I have had Soldiers (or others) tell me that I look and sound like John Malkovich.

Just last night it happened again.

As is my wont, as I was entering the DFAC (Dining Facility), I made a point of saying hello to the young Soldier counting heads. It's probably not a very exciting job, and I suspect more often than not, that Soldiers is pretty much invisible to those entering the building.

Anyway, the young man who was sitting at his post called after me after I'd greeted him by name (it helps that we wear name tapes on our uniform!): "Hey, Sir!" I turned around and he continued: "Do you know that you look like John Malkovich?" I looked a little puzzled, I guess, because he continued, "He's an actor, and has been in a number of movies we young people like."

Wow. He sure knows how to win friends and influence people, doesn't he?

He just *had* to add the "we young people" part, didn't he?

"We should make a video, you and I, and post it on YouTube. It'll be me interviewing John Malkovich (you), and we'll get the real John Malkovich to force us to remove it!"

He seemed very pleased with himself and his idea.

I told him to have his people contact my people so we can pencil something in for Monday.

Easter blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf