Saturday, April 04, 2009

PayPal Pains

I've always been a big fan of PayPal, ever since I opened an account with them. Until now.

Someone tried to access my PayPal account without my permission, I guess, so PayPal froze the account.

The only way to get it unfrozen, it seemed, was to have them call my cell phone and leave an automated message with the secret code that would unlock my account.

I, of course, don't have cell phone access over here Down Range, because I couldn't get a signal.

I told the folks at PayPal this, so they wrote me back and said they'd send a snail-mail letter to the address they have on record for my credit card. That was more than a month ago. Still no letter from them.

I've tried emailing them several times, most recently yesterday. Today I got back a very snippy note from them, encouraging me to retain a lawyer, if I so wished.

I don't want a lawyer, I just want access to my account! Sheesh. I owe some money that I can only pay using an online service, and as I'd been very happy up until now using PayPal, I just want to return to the way things were so I can pay it.

They told me, in essence, it's too bad I'm deployed. They have their procedures, and I agreed to the Terms and Conditions. And I won't get access to my account until I get a cell phone. Have a nice day at the war.

Thanks for your great support of the troops, PayPal.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf