Thursday, April 09, 2009

Tempus fugit

It's only a week into April here, and I had the air conditioner running (albeit on low speed, and not at "arctic" setting) all night two nights ago while I slept.

It was in the 90s (Fahrenheit) as SFC McG and I were standing on the flight line at the helicopter landing zone waiting to go off to our mission in the afternoon the other day.

We still have ten weeks here in the sandbox, and it's looking as though we'll not beat the heat before we bolt out of here. (Not that I was expecting we would!)

The cultivated fields are still green, as seen from the air, but they're beginning to look a bit careworn and certainly dusty; it's no longer the encouraging and happy green of the new growth in November and December after the rains had started.

Tempus fugit....

(But are we having fun yet?)

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf