Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Colbert, again



(Click to enlarge)

As I was reading the New York Times online yesterday afternoon, voila! there was a photo of Stephen Colbert from Sunday night's performance at the palace where SFC McG and I had gone so that I could say Mass earlier in the evening. As you might have read in yesterday's blog post, SFC McG and I decided to stick around after Mass (which Mr. Colbert did *not* attend) and crash the party, watching Mr. Colbert's performance from the second floor.

In this photo, by Moises Saman for The New York Times, if one looks very, very closely (and practices a healthy modicum of willing suspension of disbelief, I suppose), one can see my bald pate (first arrow; on the left), as I'm seated at the railing of the second-floor gallery. SFC McG, or at least part of his upper body, can be seen standing next to the wall near one of the pillars (second arrow; on the right).

Does this now make us famous, do you suppose?

(Yesterday afternoon we were back in the palace to run an errand over there, and Stephen Colbert was rehearsing last evening's performance, so SFC McG and I stayed for the rehearsal., again crashing the party. Mr. Colbert certainly has gumption, given the topic of the segment we watched him practicing.... But as for what issue he discussed, if you don't ask, I won't tell. You'll just have to wait for the broadcast to find out).

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ


View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf