Monday, June 15, 2009

Raining mud again

It's not been particularly dusty since SFC McG took our NTV (non-tactical vehicle) in to be washed this week. We'd managed to go for more than two months without washing it (I should have snapped a photo of it, but did not!), so imagine my surprise one morning this week when we got to the car and it looked almost new! (see photo)

The local nationals who washed the vehicle even spritzed (a *lot* of) air freshener into the air conditioning system. (Amazing what $15 will buy over here, I guess!)

Just a couple of days later -- and without us having had particularly bad air quality -- we came out to the car only to discover that it had rained a little overnight. The way we could tell was by looking at the previously clean hood of the car, and seeing the dried remains of what passes for 'raindrops' here.

See for yourself (clicking the photo will bring up a larger image, and if you look closely, you might be able to see SFC McG smiling out at you....):

I doubt it rains mud in Kosovo.

I can safely say that I will NOT miss the muddrops of Iraq once I leave!

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf