Monday, June 01, 2009

Three weeks


I'm led to believe that SFC McG and I will be out of here in approximately three weeks' time. Given that this is the Army, after all, we'll see what happens!

So far I'm still waiting for a replacement to take over the parochial duties I've assumed here on post in the last few months. My colleague at present, while much younger than I (and therefore still blessed with the enthusiasm and good temperament of youth), none the less finds doing six Masses each weekend to be draining.

I suspect he might not be able to handle doing all twelve!

We're told there will be a gaggle of priests here at some point in the not-so-distant future, which will be great for the flock.

In the meantime, I'm attempting to clear up the remains of my still-overflowing 'in-box', pack, and steel myself against the next mobilization, which begins in 49 days.

But who's counting?

What with Eastertide officially over now, I guess we really are back in Ordinary Time....

Blessings and peace to one and all,

Fr. Tim, SJ


View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf