Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Connectivity


As was the case last summer here at Summer Camp, access to the internet is tough, and involves computers which have all sorts of dire warnings pop up on the screen indicating that any one of a number of worms, viruses, bots have been detected but not cleared from the machine. (It’s clearly an effort to get someone to pay for virus protection, so I’m not sure whether the infections are really there, but would rather not take the chance.)

Moreover, there are lots of Junior Enlisted personnel who are trying to use those computers during the time when I’m free to use them, so I’d rather not make it even more difficult for them to stay connected with their friends and relatives.

I’ll just wind up having to post this and other updates at a later time.

It’s great to be back in the U.S., and to see my parents who drove a long way over several days to be here so they could thank SFC McG in person for bringing me back safely.

(I think they were more interested in seeing him than me, quite frankly....)

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ


View My Milblogging.com Profile

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blessings and gratitude are extended to SFC McG not only by your parents, but by us who are your friends as well!! He is definitely an angel in disguise guarding over you!!

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf