Thursday, September 03, 2009

Sheesh!


Dell sent a FedEx box to the Armory in California, as I wrote previously, and then sent another to me here, which arrived Tuesday, but then promptly disappeared. The folks at the Mail Center signed for it, and then other folks from our higher Task Force signed for it, and then it went AWOL.

How do you spell "frustrating"?

I eventually got the box yesterday evening, and was able to pack up my computer, call FedEx and arrange for pick-up today. I was very surprised to find out that I'll be shipping the thing back to them via ground, but at least it should be on its way sometime today.

Meanwhile, we're gearing up for our Command Post Exercise (CPX) and various Situational Training Exercise (STX) lanes down at the Haunted Forest. Some members of the Headquarters Company will be staying here at Summer Camp - North while the rest of us go down south to the other site.

I found out that some of us going down there can do so via helicopter (yay!), but that I won't be one of them (boo!) since I'm staying around to say Mass here on Post Saturday night, and then will bus down there with the other stragglers. I'll be back on Sunday to say Mass again up here, and then return down there afterward, Sunday evening.

Could it be more confusing? Or gasoline-intensive?

It's all good.

Blessings and peace to one and all,

Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf