Friday, October 23, 2009

Boys will be....


So there we were, the Battalion Staff crammed into a relatively small room for the briefing with the Battalion Commander. The room barely holds all of us when we're all present at the same time.

This particular evening we had almost a third again as many Observer/Controllers (O/C) as Staff. The room was really, really crowded, and getting stuffier by the minute. Tensions were running high, as the O/Cs never seemed to have anything good to say about what we'd been doing.

I was seated in the very back row, in the corner. I wasn't even going to brief the Commander, since I'd arranged beforehand to have SPC C do it. (Since I was going to be returning to the States, SPC C was going to have to fill in for me in similar briefings, and I wanted him to get some practice while I was still there.) From my seat I had a great view of the room and what was going on.

One of the guys in the back row with me decided to have a little fun while the meeting was going on. His antics (see the photo to the left) inspired a copycat, much to the delight of the rest of us in the row. I'm presuming that none of the O/Cs saw what he was doing, the danger of which added to the enjoyment of the situation.

Another day of quality Army training, wouldn't you say?

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile


No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf