Saturday, October 10, 2009

More waiting


Shortly after I blogged about waiting for word about whether I'm going to be able to finish my Chaplain Captains Career Course, I met one of the Brigade big-wigs, who congratulated me on being given permission to go to the course.

Hooray!

Then, the next night, about 2230 (10:30 p.m.), I found out that certain parties here at Summer Camp - Über Alles were upset by this news, and were questioning the authority of the people who granted the waiver which would allow me to go.

Great.

In the great cosmic order of things, this will barely be remembered by me, let alone by anyone else. But in the present moment, it seems to be a fairly big deal. I still don't have orders, and the course starts in the very near future.

All the more reason to remember to breathe, as my friends who go to a lot of AA and Al-Anon meetings are ever reminding me.

Coincidentally, last night I met a couple of guys who go to a lot of those meetings over here in Germany. One of them has been sober since 1974, even.

It never fails to calm me down when I'm in contact with folks like that. Interesting, eh?

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf