Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day 2009


On this Veterans Day, I wish to thank all those who've served honorably and well in uniform for their service. I still find it hard to believe that *I* am a veteran of a combat zone, given my history and what I'd thought my life's trajectory held in store for me.

For the second year running, I'm far from home on Veterans Day, and will be out on patrol with Soldiers from one of our Companies most of the day, I expect, so I'll even miss the festivities on post. Today will be the first time I'm out with a patrol as they move about their area, meeting the locals and seeing the sights.

I suspect strong coffee will be involved.

Being here to ensure a safe and secure environment, and to guarantee freedom of movement for all the inhabitants is an entirely different kettle of fish from what I experienced in Iraq.

It's really nice to be in a place where the locals are very happy we're here, and don't want us to leave.

Go figure.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

1 comment:

Kevin B said...

Thank you Father Tim for all you've done and continue to do

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf