Thursday, February 04, 2010

A Blaise of glory


Yesterday was the Feast of St. Blaise.

In my religious tradition, Blaise is the patron saint who helps out with ailments of the throat. The faithful who show up to church on this day often receive a special blessing of their throat, with an appeal for intercession on the part of the good Saint.

I love the notion of the Communion of Saints, and that we on earth can ask for the aid of those now in glory.

It's really no different from me asking you to pray for me or my friends (which I've done in the past on this blog), but my buddies in the Communion of Saints (no disrepect to you, Gentle Readers) don't get distracted by collicky babies, or broken pipes, or fender-benders, so I'm confident of their intercession long after everyone else has gone to sleep.

St. Blaise, pray for us.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf