Monday, March 15, 2010

Snow and ice


The weather here has been odd, of late. It gets cold and snowy, and then it warms up a bit and rains, and the snow goes away, and then it gets cold and snowy again. Not my idea of a good time.

I'm grateful we've not had as severe a winter as we were told to expect, so don't get me wrong! I'm just not a fan of messy winters!

One morning recently I got up and it had snowed overnight. There were icicles hanging off each roof around here.


Later that night, after I returned from the mission that SPC C and I had undertaken, the snow had slid part of the way off the roof, and the icicles had multiplied and lengthened.


As I walked from my office back to my room, I glanced down a row of SEA Huts (design first used in Southeast Asia...) and noticed the U.S. flag flying about 360 meters away (just shy of a quarter of a mile).


It's good to place things in context.

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf