Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sunset strip


Unlike when I was in Iraq last year, during which time there were very few memorable (visible!) cloud formations -- though there was often lots and lots and lots of dust! -- we regularly have skies punctuated by large and beautiful clouds.


We recently had a late afternoon like that. Whenever beauty like that surprises me, I always find myself breathing more slowly and deeply, and feeling more gratitude. I figure there can never be enough gratitude....

Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ

View My Milblogging.com Profile

1 comment:

Kanani said...

I think it was in 2008, that I figured out I had been letting things slip by, and had turned into somewhat of an ingrate. Life had been hard, and I responded as such.

Slowly, I worked on turning my perspective around. Meditation, yoga, reaching out to corners far beyond what I had ever experienced all helped very much. Gratitude became central to my being.

It has made having a husband stationed 3,000 miles across the nation, as well as jaunts overseas, a lot easier. I only think about what I have now.

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf