Sunday, May 23, 2010

Habemus Episcopum!


It was announced yesterday that the Archdiocese for the Military Services will be getting a new Auxiliary Bishop. When I was attempting to get a Commission as a Chaplain in the Army, I met Bishop John Kaising, a former Army Chaplain himself, who eventually signed off on my becoming a Chaplain.

He suffered a heart attack a few months later, and died.

(I'm hoping there was no causal connection there.)

Anyway, the Vatican announced officially that CH (LTC) F. Richard Spencer, currently the Deputy Command Chaplain for United States Army Europe (who's visited us here in Kosovo several times already), will be ordained Auxiliary Bishop for the Archdiocese for the Military Services.


Blessings and peace to one and all,


Fr. Tim, SJ
View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments:

 
MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf